Car insurance is required by law in most states, including Oregon. Here’s how much car insurance you need to drive in Oregon, and where to find cheap Oregon car insurance quotes online.
What Car Insurance is Required in Oregon?
Oregon law requires the following minimum amounts of insurance for all vehicles:
* $25,000 per person for bodily injury and property damage
* $50,000 per accident for bodily injury to others
* $10,000 per accident for property damage
* $15,000 per person for personal injury protection to cover
medical expenses for up to one year after an accident
* $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident for bodily injury uninsured motorist coverage
What Are the Penalties for Driving Without Insurance?
If you’re caught driving without these minimum amounts of car insurance, you may be subject to severe penalties:
* You could be fined
* You may have your driving privileges suspended for up to one year
You may also need to file proof of compliance with Oregon’s insurance and future financial responsibility law for up to three years.
How Can I Find Cheap Car Insurance Online?
Insurance premiums can vary by hundreds of dollars from one insurance company to another. This means that in order to find the best price on your car insurance, you need to shop around and compare quotes. It is easy to shop around and compare quotes online if you go to an insurance comparison website.
On an insurance comparison website you simply type in your insurance information, including your:
* Name and address
* Vehicle year, make, model, and VIN number
* The limits and deductibles you want
* Safety features on your vehicle, such as airbags, anti-lock brakes, and an anti-theft system
After you submit your information you’ll begin to receive quotes from multiple A-rated insurance companies. On the best insurance comparison websites you can even talk online with insurance professionals and get answers to your car insurance questions, plus get advice on how to lower your car insurance rate even further (see link below).
auto insurance quotes oregon