As a Houston, Texas Farmers insurance agent I frequently get questions about flood insurance. Here are eight reasons to consider getting flood insurance:
1) Your homeowner’s insurance policy does not cover flood damage. One of the main reasons people get homeowners insurance is for protection against a loss from fire. In Texas you are far more likely to have flood damage than fire damage. Flood insurance is valuable coverage for one of your most important assets.
2) Everyone lives in a flood zone. (According to the FEMA website.) In other words there is no such thing as a home that can not be flooded.
3) Even an inch or two of water can cause very costly damage to your property.
4) Federal disaster assistance is normally a loan that you must pay back with interest. This is not a good substitute for insurance.
5) It is easy to get flood insurance. You can get a quote and order a policy on the internet or by phone. This often takes less than 15 minutes.
6) In the event of a flood disaster it is far better to be one of the people with flood coverage!
7) With this insurance your family will have less to worry about when a big storm is in the news.
8) Flood insurance is generally inexpensive. Listed below is a chart for consumers that qualify for the preferred residential program:
$8,000 $61 per year
$20,000 $116 per year
$40,000 $146 per year
$60,000 $166 per year
$80,000 $181 per year
Home and Contents Combination
$20,000 $8,000 $112 per year
$50,000 $20,000 $180 per year
$100,000 $40,000 $233 per year
$150,000 $60,000 $264 per year
$200,000 $100,000 $317 per year
Not everyone will qualify for the preferred rates. If you would like to get flood coverage consult with a good insurance company and get details and a quote. Customers in Texas can get more information at my Texas flood insurance site. Or you are welcome to call my office at 281-537-2700.
auto insurance quotes texas