Everyone loves the little green talking animal that promises his company will reduce your Virginia auto insurance rates. Even the commercials that compared shopping for car insurance to shopping at Wal-Mart are popular and entertaining. The truth is you can lower your auto insurance rates, even if you don’t want to switch to the little green animal or the perky store clerk. Most insurance companies offer discounts or some kind. And in today’s economy, you need to save money every way you can. If you are not getting some of these auto insurance discounts, ask your Virginia insurance agent.
- Are you a safe driver that obeys the law? You can lower your Virginia auto insurance rates by up to 10 percent with a safe driver discount. You should have had a clean driving record for three to five years.
- Are you older? Drivers over 50 may be eligible for discounts.
- Are you always on the lookout for reckless drivers? Did you take a defensive driving course? You may be eligible for a discount if you can show proof of the course.
- Every parent dreads the day his or her child will be old enough to take the wheel. After safety, auto insurance rates are the biggest concern. However students who have good grades may be eligible for a discount. Lower your auto insurance rates more if that student has taken a driver’s education course.
- Do you have any special features on your car? Some of them could amount to big savings with your car insurance. These include anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, air bags and an anti-theft device.
- Do you work a few miles from home and rarely take trips? You should be able to lower your auto insurance rates.
The best way to save on auto insurance is to find a reputable Virginia agent that offer superb customer service. If your agent is one of the best, you probably know about these discounts and more. In addition, you are probably getting other discounts including:
- A discount if you have more than one car on the policy.
- Hopefully you have taken advantage of the substantial savings offered by having all of your polices (home, life, boat, etc…) with one company and one Virginia insurance agent.
You don’t have to shop around to lower your auto insurance rates. Simply find out if you qualify for some of these discounts and you will be able to save money immediately.
auto insurance quotes virginia